We are currently accepting only waitlist applications for Liveaboard status at this time.
Marina Bay Yacht Harbor has a limited number of Liveaboard slips and all Liveaboard vessels must meet certain minimum standards including having insurance that specifically covers Liveaboard usage. Contact the Harbor Office to see whether we have a suitable slip available for your vessel.
The Liveaboard fee is $250 per month in addition to berth rent. Mailbox rental at Spinnaker Way or Hall Avenue is included if desired.
LIVEABOARD BERTH APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Copy of current Boat Registration or Certificate of Documentation (or Bill of Sale or Travelling papers if the vessel is a recent purchase.)
- Valid Certificate of Insurance that must include:
- Minimum liability coverage of $500,000
- Protection & Indemnity coverage (including Wreck Removal)
- Hull & Machinery coverage equal to the value of your vessel
- Proof of Insurance MUST explicitly state that Liveaboard usage is covered (Progressive and some other insurance companies do not allow Liveaboard use)
- Copy of insurance policy that names marina as Additionally Insured with Cancellation Notice as follows:
Richmond Bay Marina LLC, Marina Bay Yacht Harbor
1340 Marina Way South Richmond, CA 94804
(Pollution coverage is also recommended for your protection)
- Vessel is 35′ LOA or larger (on a case-by-case basis the Marina may consider a vessel over 30′ LOA)
- Vessels over 10 years old must provide current photo(s) including a view showing registration (CF) numbers or documented name
- Copy of Driver’s License or Identification
- Vehicle Description & License Plate Number (for Parking Permit)
- Vessel Inspection. Vessels must be fully operational & seaworthy upon arrival. A recent survey may be required.
- Deposit to hold slip (refundable within 30 days)
Security deposit is based on the size of the slip:
|32’ LOA and under =||$300|
|36’ LOA to 40’ LOA =||$400|
|42’ LOA to 44′ LOA =||$500|
|45′ LOA to 51′ LOA =||$600|
|56′ LOA and greater =||$700|
|End-Ties||$13 / foot|
BERTH APPLICATION POLICIES
- Berth rate is based on actual overall length of the vessel (including all projections) or the berth, whichever is greater. Final rental amount will be determined when the boat arrives and is measured by marina personnel. Vessel overhangs are normally limited to two (2) feet or less.
- The security deposit will hold the slip for up to 30 Days after which the boater is responsible for the full berth rent. Reserving a slip for longer than 30 Days is at the discretion of the marina.
- All paperwork must be completed and fees & deposits paid upon move in.